Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Leisurely Weekend, Saturday

On Saturday morning we got up late once again and then headed to the local diner for breakfast. After filling our tummies, it was time to head to the Tractor Supplies Store for some black paint. 
It was basically a boy's version of Target, so any tomboys like me would also love it. We strolled around all the aisles and I saw these sheets of metal which I thought would make a marvelous art project, but I don't have any ideas yet.
 
Back at the cottage, it was back to work for the only project this weekend. Rob had to finish painting the bush hog and I had to put a second coat on the boom. Rob's been feeling a little guilty after reading my blogs, thinking that he's been overworking me. Damn, I could play that one up if I really wanted to, but he doesn't know me well enough yet to know that I actually like getting grubby and playing around with tools and engines and lube and oil and stuff, despite having girlie nails and bling on my car.
 
Then it was time to watch the England v USA football match. It started off well with us scoring in the first 4 minutes but then our goalie let the bloody ball in the net so the US equalized with no effort. We had a storm while the game was on and temporarily lost power but it came back on OK in time for us to watch the last few minutes and see the match end in a draw. Since Rob and I had a dinner bet on the game, we agreed to instead settle for an ice cream at Kohrs. 
Back at the cottage, we pottered down to the neighbor's, Jim and Jessie's field where Jim has expanded the creek into a pond. It's an ongoing project but it's really pretty and peaceful, with large fish and frogs in residence.
 
We then strolled back to Rob's where some relaxation was in order so grabbing beers, we headed out to the hammock to watch the stars appear.
Gently swinging from side to side we chatted and scoured the sky for stars.Before long, the sky darkened and after wishing on a couple of shooting stars, pinpricks started blinking over our heads and gradually a net of glittering stars was cast across the indigo sky above us. We rocked and stared until the night dew started damping us and then sleepily headed for our dry warm bed.
 

2 comments:

Heideldy Deideldy said...

I like lube and oil too, just saying

Debby Karalee said...

Heidi, what are you like :)