Thursday, June 3, 2010

Holiday Weekend in the Country I

On Friday evening Kota and I packed up and headed to Rob's for the weekend. Along with most of Virginia I think as it took us over 2 hours, but I did take a wrong turn while on the phone to Myra. (It's OK Myra, the drive was really pretty and I saw some photo ops that need to be revisited). 
 
My boys in the window. Aaww..
On Saturday, we drove out to get spark plugs for a mower Rob had acquired which needed some work done on the engine. We went in his truck and on the way back, I had to drive. My man has a check list of abilities that he is testing me on, and being able to drive all of his vehicles seems to be one of them. Was I bovvered? Was mine a face of concern? Duh, no. 
 
I swung into that cab and drove it like a champ. Reckoned I could have eaten a cheeseburger and done the Sunday crossword at the same time but didn't want to appear too confident. After all, I am a female. I'm sure later on, he'll have me hauling stuff on the trailer and changing tires, but wait, don't want to give him ideas!
So the first thing Rob had to do was change the tractor oil and filters and other things I've forgotten the names of, but it was cool to watch and pass the odd tool or part.I actually love playing around with engines and grease and tools and things so I was very happy to sit and observe, occasionally taking a contented deep sniff of the diesel and oil fumes. 
I printed off this sign for Rob so we got a frame and stuck it in the garage. Who needs Victoria Secret's Heavenly Angels perfume when you've got diesel?
 
 
The logo on the tractor and a cool iron wheel I found outside and am gradually sneaking into the garage coz I want to keep it.
One can't pass the evening by without a glass of red, and a couple of sanding disks made superb coasters. You know, since I'm slipping easily into redneck mode, I think I'll be coming up with some really cool decoration ideas come Christmas. Watch this space!
The tractor was finished before dark and rumbled happily with its new lubricant when started. A couple of photos of us in the disappearing light finished the evening and we headed into the house to chill out with Kota.

No comments: