Friday, February 5, 2010

Artisan is Moving!

 
My friend Debbie was moving her hair salon last Sunday so needed all hands on deck. There were trucks and helpers a plenty and she was pretty organized so it was a smooth transition.
The empty salon with just a few things left to move and some items left behind that had been sold and were awaiting pickup.
 
Debbie messing around and having a last rinse at the old sinks. 
Poor Jim and Ed humping the washer dryer down the stairs. Sometimes I'm so glad that I'm a girl and don't have to do these jobs!
 
Kim having a rest outside the new place against the fridge, another item for boys only to carry! 
The floor in the new salon being grouted. Jason was doing this on his own until Debbie started washing the grout off despite his protests that she would ruin his work. Kim and I looked at them and looked at the floor, then shrugged off our jackets to muck in. The water in the buckets was almost icy and it was a filthy job, but the floor looked marvelous once we were done. Completely ruined my nails though...
 
Debbie having a ride with some salon chairs as the truck heads to the new building.
 One last photo in the old salon. I don't know if Debbie felt sad to leave the place, she didn't show it, but personally I'm looking forward to seeing the new salon finished as it's much more up to date, on the ground floor and in a nicer neighborhood. I'll post more photos on completion.

No comments: