Saturday, January 30, 2010

Joe in the Lobby

 
Joe e-mailed Emily and I to let us know he'd bought some more sunglasses and wanted photos taken. So Tuesday evening, I went down to Emily's apartment and we set up in her lobby which had a wonderful art deco look to it. 
We had a lot of laughs but were feeling quite self conscious as people kept coming in and out of the elevators. We even had one woman peering through the lobby glass from outside to see what we were up to. I'm sure Joe relished feeling like a superstar!
 
The elevator doors had a cool paint job so we used that as a backdrop and even tried reflections.
I had also brought some peacock feathers with me thinking it would be a laugh but Joe was happy to strut with them and pulled off some great portraits.
 
  
Our creativity started waning with the constant interuptions, so Emily and I thought it would be great if we moved out into the street and got some shots of him with vehicle lights blurring on either side of him, but he wasn't having any of that. Joe was actually feeling self conscious! We were quite touched by that so decided to call it a night and try to think of a new location for the future.

2 comments:

Heideldy Deideldy said...

You will have to give me photo lessons whenever I make it out there for a visit!

Debby Karalee said...

You're always so welcome, mate. Any time!