Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Model for the Day


On Saturday, we had the most fortunate luck in that one of Emily's friends had heard of our explorations and liked the idea of being our model for a day. I was apprehensive but also excited as this would be a first for me, and it turned out to be a first for him also. We took him to our favourite abandonment, and I furtively cast anxious looks at him as he surveyed the location. Would it be too grundgy?
We had no idea where to start so we stopped at the old basketball court. Nerves and self consciousness were hounding me at first but after about 20 minutes, I started to loosen up and enjoy the experience. Emily and I tried different perspectives and seemed to be coming up with some good results.
We then moved to the old childrens' play area and before we could even think about where to place him, he struck the perfect pose.

After a few more shots, we were happy to find another location and we were all completely at ease now and eager to find new ideas. We headed towards an old building that has always freaked me out but it held some superb props.

This is one of my favorites, because it looks futuristic. We spent quite some time in the building before heading outside. I had brought a jewel with me and Joe spotted an old paint can that had split open. The colors were wonderful.
 
The high security area had some lethal looking wire surrounding it and we stopped here for some more photos.

 
One of the old buildings had some old furniture still in it and an old TV that hadn't been smashed so this served as an excellent location and provided me with my favorite image of the day. I found an old still of the movie 'Bride of Frankenstein', put that on the TV, added some filter work and was really pleased with this shot.

The day was a resounding success with Emily and I having had the opportunity to use such a willing subject who was extremely patient with us and the time it took to set up our cameras. Hopefully, when he sees our photos, he'll be willing to come out again with us to another location. More of my photos of Joe can be seen here.

3 comments:

kemp-y-QUA!! said...

this is really really cool.

Heideldy Deideldy said...

When are the naked pictures coming? lol

Debby Karalee said...

Don't think he'll go that far Heidi! :(