Monday, May 11, 2009

Funfair at Night

Manassas had a fair over the weekend so Sunday evening, I headed down with my camera. I haven't taken any night shots with my camera before so I spent half an hour at home poring over the manual before I set out. I was also minus a shutter release cable which is now ordered and hoped the lack of this important gadget wouldn't affect my photos too badly.









I don't think these were too bad for my first attempt. It was a little strange walking around with my tripod rather than a fistful of cotton candy but people were friendly and interested in watching me so once I got used to that I relaxed. Now that summer is nearly here, I'll have more opportunities to take fairground photos and after assessing the exposure and aperture information on these images, I'm hoping next time will be more successful.