Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Royal Wedding

I took the day off work on Friday 29th April to watch The Royal Wedding. My plans were to get up early, which I did, then watch guests arrive, which I did, then somehow in there grab a shower and get dressed up. Well I didn't do that bit because I couldn't drag myself away from the TV, so I watched the whole vibrantly happy event in my nightie with a tiara perched on unruly hair while sipping a cup of tea and munching on champagne truffles which had arrived from Mum in England the day before. I also sat with my camera stuck in front of me taking shots from the TV so all posted here are from my little screen and therefore not of good quality but happy reminders nonetheless.
Our lovely Queen looking radiantly healthy as she arrived at the Abbey, wearing Jimmy Choo shoes , God Bless her.
Kate arriving with her father, wearing an exquisite Alexander McQueen dress designed by Sarah Burton, with a 1936 Cartier tiara borrowed from the Queen.
Prince Charles with Camilla, and Princess Anne with husband Timothy Laurence, really looking like her mother in this photo.
Prince William and Kate exchanging vows...
...and walking back down the aisle as Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
Banks of photographers holding their heavy lenses while focusing on the front of the Abbey.
The Queen looking happy as she heads back to the Palace for the balcony appearance and the newly married couple paying their respects to the Cenotaph, a memorial to fallen servicemen of WW l And ll.
A sea of a million happy faces in the jubilant crowd. See a 360 degree image here.
Kate and William on the balcony where they delighted the crowds by kissing not once but two times. It was at this point that I finally broke away from the screen and cracked open a bottle of bubbly to toast the happy couple and grab some tissues. I've sad 'happy' so many times here, but not too many as everyone was...happy! The whole event had been timed to perfection and gone without a hitch;what a wonderful ceremony and a delightful day.
Kota didn't think so...

No comments: