Sunday, September 6, 2009

Partying in Paradise

Sunday was a glorious day for partying and a group of us headed off to Jimmy Buffett at Nissan Pavilion. I was very lucky to be picked up from my house so I had no driving issues and could instead concentrate on downing multiple margaritas. We arrived before 3pm which gave us 5 hours before the concert started so we wasted no time in setting out chairs and tables with food and drinks whilst stopping frequently to throw back some Alabama or Watermelon Shooters.
 
 
After a while, some of us decided to go on a tour of the parking lot to see how people had decorated their 'areas'. We met some wonderful people and happily hung out in their camps while they offered us more drinks. I refused none and after a while became aware that I had a constant grin plastered on my face. Why can't we have Buffett concerts every weekend? It's such a happy place to be.
I'm not sure if there were a few of these or whether I was seeing the same one each time, my ability to recognize the driver had diminished somewhat, but this mobile margarita maker was awesome. It had different flavor margaritas for sale and a large blender perched on the back.
 
  
  
 
Cameras weren't allowed inside the concert area which really was just as well since I don't remember a great deal about it except that it seemed to last 5 minutes and there was a lot of dancing going on.
We had a great deal of fun that day and it seemed too soon when we had to drink our last drink, sing our last song and head back home. Roll on Buffett 2010!

2 comments:

Heideldy Deideldy said...

You have TRULY experienced an American Icon - a Jimmy Buffet concert! My brother and sister and her wife go every year! I have been to one in Connecticut and it ROCKS!

Debby Karalee said...

This was my third JB but the first where I was able to drink, so obviously my favorite time!