Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween 2008

With Halloween being on a Friday this year, I felt there was no excuse not to dress up. This is something I would never have done in England, but here in the U.S. I love the American attitude of just letting go and having a laugh regardless of age.
I proudly wore my witch costume to work and Squelchie, our I.T. guy had also dressed up as Wolverine. Those blades are real metal and he had to file them down quite drastically to avoid being given a wide berth all day.


I liked to think I was a good witch and so made sure everyones' fears were dissolved by handing out candy in my boot basket. We went out for lunch to get maximum exposure and then after work I headed to my very good friend Debbie's house where we were going to sit on the front porch and hand out candy while her husband Jim took the boys out trick or treating.


Here we are on the porch just before they set off. Debbie was going to be a witch with me but couldn't find her costume so she wore a very convincing pimp outfit instead.

This is little Maximus above in his first ever Halloween costume. He's only 2.5yrs old and excelled as Spiderman. His enthusiasm was contagious, that mask didn't come off once all evening.
Debbie & I sat out front with creepy music and sound effects in the background and dranks copious amounts of hot tea, also sampling the chocolate in the dish just to make sure it was OK to hand out. We saw some wonderful pirates, transformers, fairies, cheerleaders and ladybugs as well as plenty of gruesome ghouls. I overheard one mother referring to me as a witch and was beginning to get defensive when I realized, hold on, I am a witch. Had to reverse a spell or two there.

When Jim returned, we all piled into the car and headed over to Kim & Scott's house, which is always the most decorated house in the neighborhood. Deb struck a pose on the lawn above with a couple of ghosts while the Lukestar below checked out the inside of a pumpkin to make sure nothing was lurking inside.

Kim was inundated with kids and callers from the neighborhood, but when she got a free moment, we grabbed a kodak moment with our 2 little spidermen in her awesome archway which had flickering lights and ghostly sound effects.

What a lot of laughs I had that day!

No comments: