Saturday, August 16, 2008

A Weekend with The Lukestar

On Saturday, 9th, I had my first outing alone with Luke, the son of very good friends. My boss had a luau party, ideal for kids, and I wanted to take The Lukestar. His parents and I had helped prepare for the big day by talking about it weeks prior to the event. The day I picked him up, he declared as we were about to leave that he didn't want to go after all, as Jim and I led him sceptically to the car. The booster seat was positioned and Luke reluctantly climbed in with constant complaints. Jim eyed me sympathetically as he strapped him in, I started the engine and we were off. Darting many looks into my rear view mirror, Luke looked resigned to the ordeal and then promptly fell asleep.


We arrived at the party and immediately Luke headed for the playground. For someone who didn't want to attend the party, he managed to do a very good impression of a person who was enjoying himself. He rode every ride in the playground, swam in the pool, played ball in the pool, went down the water slide, played table tennis, looked for lizards with some other boys, back to the playground for more rides and games with other kids and finished the day by making me promise I'd take him again, and declaring he'd had 'very much fun'!
The following day was his 4th birthday party. What a busy guy!


He'd made me promise to get him an ambulance months before, but not any ambulance. It had to be a Sterling ambulance with green paint. Anxious to please I purchased an ambulance online and then meticulously masked out areas to spray paint over the existing yellow. I won't get any jobs spray painting peoples' cars, but I don't think he noticed the flaws! Happy Birthday Luke!

No comments: