Friday, February 12, 2010

Snowmageddon

 
We have officially had more snow in our area than recorded in written history, about 3ft in our community, and I have to say, even as a sincere snow lover, even I'm starting to tire of it now. I'm fed up of wearing flat safe boots all the time, I want to wear my heels and lighter clothing. The trees out the front were filled with robins. They should have been round the back where I'd put out food.
Last Saturday, I resignedly went out to try and dig up Stuart about lunchtime. It was really hard work and I was more than pleased when Jeff turned up so I had someone to chat to. After a while, more friends and neighbors emerged from their cozy condos to salvage their vehicles and the atmosphere lightened to party mode.
Jeff, leann and the woofer getting stuck in to try and unearth another vehicle.
 
Jackie and Stuart. Jackie and Paulie had already dug out their cars earlier in the days, so decided they would encourage our efforts and support us by bringing out their chairs and beers. Paulie even had the audacity to complain about carbon monoxide poisoning from Jeff's car. I joined them once I'd been digging for a couple of hours and together we egged the others on with their shoveling.
 I'm not sure whether this shovelful of snow was intended for me, but it made a superb photo as it flashed past!
 
I couldn't believe this complete and utter plonker using a hose and hot water to clear his vehicle. Not really bothered about the run off icing up on the neighbors down the hill then?
Jeff and I drove out afterwards to try and catch some images before the sun went down. It was starting to get cold so we didn't want to be out for long. We were standing on the side of the road when this fleet of snow ploughs went by.
 
This was getting a little close for comfort, but was fun! Jeff doesn't look too perturbed farther down the road.
I couldn't believe that some of these gooses were actually sleeping with their feet in the water.
 
It was worth the cold to capture this pretty scene by the side of the road. 
We snapped a few more shots and then had to head back to the warmth of the car. We hadn't even been out for an hour and our feet were freezing and hurting. I love the snow, but I'm very much looking forward to seeing some spring flowers soon!

1 comment:

Heideldy Deideldy said...

Holy Shit for snow girlfriend! Even Minnesota doesn't have that much snow! I am glad I have a condo with an underground heated garage...heheheehe