Monday, January 6, 2014

Jack Frost on my Window

Saturday was cold! We were entering a freezing period of weather and the temperatures were steadily dropping as each day passed. I woke up early and pulling up the blinds I spotted a beautiful pattern of ice on one of my bedroom windows. The sun was starting to peek on the horizon between the trees so I quickly grabbed my camera and snapped some shots.
 The sun rose quickly and immediately started warming the glass so that within a few seconds the filigree feather patterns melted and began to trickle in rivulets down the pane, and before 5 minutes had passed there was no sign of the beauty that had been painted with icy fingers on my glass.
A Christmas wreath in Marshall was sheltered from the sun and had collected the drips from the roof, resulting in an amazing icicled work of art.

No comments: